K Friese + Associates (KFA) is looking for an experienced Civil Engineer and Project Manager with 5 to 10 years of experience in transportation design to join our team.
We are looking for an experienced Civil Engineer and Project Manager with 5 to 10 years of experience in transportation for management, planning, and design activities primarily on TxDOT, county, and/or municipal transportation projects to work from either our Austin, Round Rock, or San Antonio Office.
The primary responsibilities for this position include working with junior staff and assisting in the direction of other technical staff to produce quality designs and plans and interpreting plans from other engineering related disciplines (survey, utility, etc.), providing technical and project management services to our public sector clients, and performing civil engineering design and analysis, transportation planning and design. In return, you will work with great clients, be paid a competitive salary, and be welcomed into our team from day one.
You are ready to do more – as a knowledgeable professional committed to excellence, and as a person who values integrity, respect, and communication. You are looking for a firm that is large enough to win complex, extensive projects, yet small enough to provide the coaching, exposure to a variety of work, and authentic culture you desire. You’re interested in making a difference which is why you are seeking a firm that only does public sector projects, ensuring your work has a positive impact on the communities in which we live.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 5 to 10 years of experience in engineering design and plan production and project management including successful schedule and budget control
- Texas PE license or the ability to obtain a Texas PE license within 6 months of hire.
- TxDOT precertifications or the ability to obtain TxDOT precertifications within 12 months of the date of hire.
- MicroStation and GEOPAK experience and/or AutoCAD
- Ability to work independently at times and as part of a multidisciplinary team with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to build relationships with team members.
- The ideal candidate would possess knowledge and understanding of TXDOT procedures, manuals, specifications, and standards, or similar experience.
- Experience in OpenRoads Designer (ORD) software a plus.
KFA is a rapidly growing, woman-owned civil engineering consulting firm that focuses exclusively on serving public sector clients. With offices in Austin, Round Rock and San Antonio, Texas; we provide opportunities in the fields of water, wastewater, transportation, storm water and planning. Our team is driven by challenging and sophisticated work that helps them stretch and expand their capabilities. At KFA, we foster an environment that stresses teamwork, collaborative thought and high-quality, client-centered solutions. Our professionals are dedicated to our client’s vision and understanding their real challenges through a partnership.
KFA offers its employees a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, company paid life insurance and long-term and short-term disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with employer match; holidays; and paid time off. We also offer additional perks including alternative work week schedules. Pay will be commensurate with experience. KFA is an equal opportunity employer.