K Friese + Associates (KFA) is looking for an experienced CAD Technician with a minimum of 5 years of experience in civil drafting and plan production.
We are looking for an experienced CAD Technician to perform drafting activities on public water, wastewater, transportation and drainage projects in our San Antonio office. The primary responsibilities for this mid- to senior-level position include working with our Project Managers and Engineers to provide drafting and design support on public infrastructure projects across Texas. Working under the supervision of senior staff, the selected individual will produce quality designs and plans, interpret plans from other engineering related disciplines (survey, utility, etc.), as well as maintain and develop CAD libraries and drafting standards. In return, you will work with great clients, be paid a competitive salary, and be welcomed into our team from day one.
You are more than ready to help us get the job done right – as a knowledgeable technician driven to be a teammate, as a professional committed to excellence, and as a person who values integrity, respect, and communication. You have the desire and ability to take initiative, multi-task, adhere to schedules, use resources efficiently and effectively, successfully work with a diverse group of people, communicate clearly, resolve conflict, and demonstrate a good work ethic. You are looking to grow professionally in a small company environment and to support the continued growth of our firm by providing excellent work and client care.
- Associates degree in CAD or Engineering Design.
- Minimum of five years of experience in civil drafting and plan production.
- Working knowledge of MicroStation SS4.
- Working knowledge of GEOPAK.
- Working knowledge of OpenRoads, AutoCAD or Arc GIS, a plus.
- Ability to work within and develop MicroStation Feature Definitions & Element Templates.
- Ability to work within and implement CAD standards.
- Able to create professional exhibits and rollplots.
- Understanding of geospatial coordinate systems.
- Ability to work independently at times and as part of a multidisciplinary team at others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to build relationships with team members.
KFA is a rapidly growing civil engineering consulting firm that focuses exclusively on serving public sector clients. With offices in Austin, Round Rock and San Antonio, Texas; we provide opportunities in the fields of water, wastewater, transportation, storm water and planning. Our team is driven by challenging and sophisticated work that helps them stretch and expand their capabilities. At KFA, we foster an environment that stresses teamwork, collaborative thought and high-quality, client-centered solutions. Our professionals are dedicated to our client’s vision and understanding their real challenges through a partnership.
KFA offers its employees a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, company paid life insurance and long-term and short-term disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with employer match; holidays; and paid time off. We also offer additional perks including alternative work week schedules. Pay will be commensurate with experience. KFA is an equal opportunity employer.